The Black Ship Batrachian

A forum for the unimpressed.

Mafia - Dethy - Day 7

"For all your mutinous rampages"

Moderator: Gojoe

Re: Mafia - Dethy - Day 6

Postby Old_Bean » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:15 am

Well i got turtle as guilty, but i'm crazy so it doesn't help. Pretty sure everyone who is left is either crazy or insane or mafia, can we do that thing again where we each put up what results we got for who each night?

TurtleMidget - Guilty
Cloudrunner - Innocent
Valgee - Guilty
lyrics - Guilty
TurtleMidget - Guilty

Seeing as Cloud was innocent I'm pretty sure that makes me crazy.
The world is unfair and it will burn...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Z‎etta wrote:All problems involve people, otherwise it's a puzzle, not a problem
Old_Bean
Ancient Mariner

Postby Sunburnt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:20 am

Or Ambition is paranoid.
  1. Cloud - Guilty
  2. Joko - Guilty
  3. Valgee - Innocent
  4. Gunner - Guilty
  5. Valgee - Innocent

Well, I'm just about as positive as can be that it's Valgee. What makes you guys unsure, and what do I need to do to quell that unassuredness before LYLO?
ImageImage
Sunburnt
Buccaneer

Postby Sunburnt » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:31 am

It's not even like I'm alone in my investigations that Val is mafia. If I were, that would seem reasonable that I would be mafia. But just look at gunner's investigations:

1. Haragorn-innocent
  2. Cloudrunner-innocent
  3. Valgee-guilty
  4. TurtleMidget-innocent
ImageImage
Sunburnt
Buccaneer

Postby Valgee » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 am

gunner's dead. If he were crazy, which I'm convinced he is, then it'd be great for the Mafia to kill him now while his results throw the blame on someone else.

Look, Turtle, if we kill an innocent cop, we lose automatically.
Gojoe wrote:I am going to add a rule that if the cops lynch a fellow cop, they all lose. So make sure you are DAMN sure before you lynch.
At least with tonight, we can try to get the best results possible. It's nice and all that you're very very sure. But you forget that to everyone else, it's possible that you're Mafia. So let's chill and compare investigations before we start killing Innocents, k? It'll only make us as low as the Mafia.

Now, yesterday night, I investigated Ambition. I got guilty. I thought I put it in the first time I posted on Day Five.
Night Five, I investigated Old_Bean. Guilty.

No one left to Investigate for me. I'd still like one more night to ensure that I'm not crazy.
Valgee
Salty Sea Dog

Postby Ambition » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:53 am

TurtleMidget - Guilty
Oh hey Jesus, sorry about Thursday.
Ambition
Gunnery Master

Postby Valgee » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:11 am

Vote: No Lynch
Valgee
Salty Sea Dog

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:43 am

1 no lynch (valgee)

3 to turn to night
trillicat wrote:There once was a mod named Gojoe
Whose persona was filled with mojo
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
But ever online was said Gojoe
Gojoe
Ship's Crow

Postby Sunburnt » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:27 am

ImageImage
Sunburnt
Buccaneer

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:51 am

One more to turn it into night. Lets get this show on the road!
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
Gojoe
Ship's Crow

Postby Ambition » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:59 am

Ambition
Gunnery Master

Re: Mafia - Dethy - Night 6

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:16 am

Alright thats it.
Night 6. Last night before LYLO.

Get your Night actions in ASAP. It is almost over.

Good luck
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
Gojoe
Ship's Crow

Re: Mafia - Dethy - Day 7

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 am

Goooooood morning! It is now the dawn of the last day in mafia land! You awoke to find Old_bean killed. Shock and horror strikes all of you. You all realize that one out of the last three of you is the killer. You have to find him now or all is lost and he gets away. Free as a bird.

Tempers flare, as you team together as you hang a noose from the ceiling. Now who are you going to force to die for these horrible crimes.

Good luck Batrachian. Now is your last hope.
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
Gojoe
Ship's Crow

Postby Sunburnt » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:27 am

I got Ambition as Guilty.

Vote: Valgee
ImageImage
Sunburnt
Buccaneer

Postby Ambition » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:02 am

I got valgee as guilty, I am paranoid.

Vote: Valgee
Ambition
Gunnery Master

Postby Valgee » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:13 am

I like how we're putting out our arguments and providing evidence.
Valgee
Salty Sea Dog

Postby Valgee » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:45 am

WAIT GOJOE, wait.
Valgee
Salty Sea Dog

Postby Valgee » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:46 am

I'm writing my argument as we speak.
Valgee
Salty Sea Dog

Postby Valgee » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:13 am

Ok, so I'll try to put forward my argument before Gojoe gets back and maybe one of you all will get a little sense to at least make this justifiable.

From the beginning, TurtleMidget put himself in the center of attention. He knew that 3/5 were useless to incriminate him. This also meant that the extra players had a higher chance of getting the useless roles. Investigating him the first night would cause absolutely no harm as long as he figured out the important roles the fastest. If he led us around, then he could easily douse any suspicion with the statement
TurtleMidget wrote:...as the mafia, I wouldn't nominate myself for unanimous investigation.

(me knowing that I'm not mafia). The rest of you don't know that for sure, granted, but it may seem a reasonable assumption (seeing as I put myself up for investigation by ALL of the cops)

which is completely fallacious. It was only the first day and all we could hope for was to figure out whether we weren't Innocent or Paranoid.
But of course, Turtlemidget took the liberty of ensuring that the chart posted said that it also counted on the fact that he was innocent. gunner also got lucky with his ignorance and found out more about himself than the rest of us.

Now, in order for TM to completely win, he would have to have a fall guy. He couldn't kill off all the important roles because
Ambition wrote:Someone is tampering with the results to throw the cops in a certain direction.

this had to remain true. He had to have someone with decisive evidence and continually accuse that person of framing them.

When gunner investigated the wrong person, TM went insane. This ruined the first day's results. gunner would have to be behind on the unanimous investigations and that meant that before TM could figure out his role, everyone else would also have extra information to also figure it out. Remember that the Mafia knows for 100% who is Guilty and thus can figure out the roles much more quickly especially if they know what EVERYONE gets on him on the first day. This was probably also an early play at earning a fall guy.

I had light formations of the idea that a Mafia would want everyone to investigate him in the very beginning, but it wasn't complete. I still had suspicions anyway. Especially as my pattern of investigations grew to show the fact.

Now this little exchange ending:
TM wrote:Wow, you are REALLY looking to pin me down, aren't you?

was the dumbest thing ever. I reiterate, NO. I WAS NOT.
I was pointing out slightly deviant activity. Y' know like
TM wrote:Why'd you investigate Haragorn?
But that's not helpful to us. It doesn't help us figure out who's who. Why would you do that if it wasn't going to help us?
So, he's either a rebellious cop or mafia.
He KNEW the plan, and apparently went against it. Why?
Again, it seems suspicious.
I'm just pointing out what I believe to be slightly deviant activity.

but apparently TM doesn't like it when the tables are turned and someone just might be onto him. This is when he made me to be fall guy. With incomplete information for the cops and budding info for the Mafia, the Third Night is an excellent chance to start throwing down the fall guy. He changed his mind about investigating Joko and switched it to me. Especially that since, by Day Two, I had narrowed myself down to two roles, as opposed to most having three.

And theeeeen:
TM wrote:That's not what I'm saying. We need to keep investigating people, not double back on our investigations. We need to get more people investigated while there are still a lot of cops alive.

<ME TALKING HERE>

That, or you can investigate me again to see if you get innocent this time.

This was happening when gunner was attempting to convince everyone to investigate TM again. TM was insistent against it. He claimed it would do nothing but worsen it. He is partially right, but it is also a move that would begin outing him as a Mafia. It would have a chance to weed out who is Crazy and who isn't.

Yet, it was ok for me to do it. Because I had a destiny to be a fall guy. My opinions and investigations were supposed to be disregarded.

Operation: Fall Guy was engaged.
lyrics looked like he was sane or innocent. To TM, as Mafia, lyrics was definitely Innocent. So, he told him to target me and then killed him. Made me look very suspicious.

TM wrote:To my surprise, when I arrived home from the beach tonight, I had a private message. From Gojoe. When I opened it, I joyfully read, "Shit. No. I meant guilty. Sorry."
Boom. Headshot.

That's a lovely, very convenient piece of evidence. It screams of absolutism. And Gojoe can't interject to confirm or not. It'd give away TM's role for sure, which is something we can't have. And it's not against the rules for the Mafia to lie.
Notice he "messed up" on gunner, and not me. It would be too obvious if it happened to me. No, this was an indirectly absolute route of accusing me.

At this point, TM had realized that gunner had to be crazy. But it looked very much like his results made me out to be Mafia. TM ruled the game so far, and everything had gone his way very well. To ensure this continued, he killed gunner before gunner's results could be tainted.

Finally, as his last (this one is sort of weak, but I'm counting it) act of forcing a Fall, he killed Old_Bean, his last forsure follower. It made it look even more like me.
He was very sure that by the false evidence put up by himself, and the very convincing investigations made by the crazy gunner would sway Ambition.
Which it seems to.

So, despite me being technically lynched, I request an extension so that both Ambition and TM can read this.
Valgee
Salty Sea Dog

Postby Gojoe » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:20 am

Its too late. Valgee was lynched.
Quite a bit of careful logic and care was taken in the last day. After everyone put their idea forward and considered every possible angle, they decide not to draw it out anymore and lynch Valgee who with his his own tie.

As soon as the deed was done, they went through his pockets and found trinkets from each of the dead policemen.

The police had done it! It had taken 7 dead bodies (6 of which were policemen) but they had killed the killer! Haha!

Game over! Townies win.
Valgee was the killer
Ambition was paranoid
Old_bean was Crazy
Joko was paranoid
lyrics freak was sane
gunner was sane
turtle was insane
cloudrunner was innocent
Haragorn was innocent