The Black Ship Batrachian


A forum for the unimpressed.

MafiaQuest ~ PARTY WINS

"For all your mutinous rampages"

Moderator: Gojoe

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Joko » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 pm

I guess all I have going for me is that no-one has counter-claimed.

I was roleblocked btw.

Although I tried to investigate Amby, so it wouldn't have helped either way.

I, uhrr... yeah, I dunno.
Image
User avatar
Joko
Quartermaster
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: Southampton, England

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby peppercat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:11 pm

I guess I better chime in.

If someone was to counter-claim, there'd be no way to prove that either and therefore pretty much everyone would have an excuse to lynch them. (If they were telling the truth the Mafia would obviously want them dead; if they were not telling the truth the Townies would want them dead; and the jester either wouldn't care about their alliance just about making the voting pool smaller by surviving the night or counter-counter-claim, just to have a higher chance of being lynched.)

And honestly, I'm not sure about Joko's roleclaim.

I guess I really just don't know.
ImageImageImage
“Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”
“How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice.
“You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”
User avatar
peppercat
Buccaneer
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: In the kitchen making you a cake~!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Gojoe » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Let's see what everyones gut is saying. Just to get a vibe (and help the game along)
I get a weird vibe about Joko
and a jester vibe from mothrax

Anyone else?
trillicat wrote:There once was a mod named Gojoe
Whose persona was filled with mojo
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
But ever online was said Gojoe
User avatar
Gojoe
Ship's Crow
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby mothrax » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Since I am pretty sure I am not fooling anyone anymore you get to see me do something I swore I would never do.

So I just went through all of the endgame scenarios and there is only one where I don't win. So here is the deal. Mafia, I am willing to offer you second place because in every scenario my lynch leads directly to a Mafia second. In other words, lynch me and come in second or try and figure out the one endgame scenario where you can win. :)
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
mothrax
Buccaneer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby mothrax » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 pm

oh yeah.
Vote mothrax
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
mothrax
Buccaneer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Gojoe » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Every faction can win from this point.
Especially since you just outed yourself.

If a mafia member is lynched. They will shoot you at night leaving 2 townies 1 mafia. making it the exciting stand off of who is going to vote first.

If a townie is lynched today. The mafia shoot you at night and they win (they control half the votes)

In short... I have no idea why you would out yourself now, unless maybe you are mafia trying to get immunity to being lynched by claiming jester.
trillicat wrote:There once was a mod named Gojoe
Whose persona was filled with mojo
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
But ever online was said Gojoe
User avatar
Gojoe
Ship's Crow
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Gojoe » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Damn WIFOM
trillicat wrote:There once was a mod named Gojoe
Whose persona was filled with mojo
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
But ever online was said Gojoe
User avatar
Gojoe
Ship's Crow
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby mothrax » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Wine is delicous!

Also, A mafia member will not be lynched today, since I will not vote for anyone else and the mafia will not vote for themselves. A townie could be lynched but it is less likely to happen without my vote.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
mothrax
Buccaneer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Gojoe » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:16 pm

mothrax wrote:Wine is delicous!

Also, A mafia member will not be lynched today, since I will not vote for anyone else and the mafia will not vote for themselves. A townie could be lynched but it is less likely to happen without my vote.
Ah, I get what you are saying. Well damn. I think we have lost. He is right there is no way we can lynch a mafia member today.

Don't do anything hastey. I want to think this out for a bit.
trillicat wrote:There once was a mod named Gojoe
Whose persona was filled with mojo
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
But ever online was said Gojoe
User avatar
Gojoe
Ship's Crow
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby peppercat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Gojoe wrote:Don't do anything hastey. I want to think this out for a bit.


peppercat laughs.

Sorry, this is pretty funny because Gojoe's been all GO GO!
ImageImageImage
“Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”
“How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice.
“You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”
User avatar
peppercat
Buccaneer
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: In the kitchen making you a cake~!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby mothrax » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 pm

He is GO(joe)
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
mothrax
Buccaneer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:14 am

I know but I just know there is a fault in my logic. But I can not work out where it is.

(I am at work and can't think too hard about it at the moment)
trillicat wrote:There once was a mod named Gojoe
Whose persona was filled with mojo
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
But ever online was said Gojoe
User avatar
Gojoe
Ship's Crow
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:13 am

I found the fault!
If there is a time limit on the day. I would guess the person with the highest vote count gets slaughtered. And if there is a tie in votes then the mod will flip a coin to decide who gets it.

Its not pretty but it means we dont throw the game to mothrax.
trillicat wrote:There once was a mod named Gojoe
Whose persona was filled with mojo
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
But ever online was said Gojoe
User avatar
Gojoe
Ship's Crow
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby AtrecRandier » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:30 am

Ok, just pointing this out because clearly I'm failing at modding here: I put down the wrong thing there by mistake, Ambition was the Warrior, not the Ranger.
User avatar
AtrecRandier
Jim Lad
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:12 am

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Cloudrunner56 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:45 am

Vote: Gojoe

Now that the confusion has been cleared up, I am the ranger. Results are as so:

Night one:
Followed mothrax who did nothing

Night Two:
Followed Old_bean who visited Joko

Night Three:
Followed Gojoe and he visited Ambition, so he is mafia, and Joko. This confirms Joko's claim of role blocking making it more than likely that he is the paladin.

Therefore
mothrax- Jester
Gojoe - Mafia (Roleblocker)
Joko - Town (Paladin)
Peppercat - Mafia (Randomizer)
Me - Town (Ranger)

My advice would be to go for second place mothrax before the Mafia self lynch and night kill you :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Cloudrunner56
Salty Sea Dog
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:59 am
Location: English Countryside

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby mothrax » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:28 pm

The mafia self lynching would be dumb. This is still anyones game and you or I both could be lying about our roles.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
mothrax
Buccaneer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:31 pm

vote cloudrunner

You are wrong. I think its a bold move.
I am the tracker.
trillicat wrote:There once was a mod named Gojoe
Whose persona was filled with mojo
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
But ever online was said Gojoe
User avatar
Gojoe
Ship's Crow
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby mothrax » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm going to go with my gut:
Unvote, Vote: Gojoe
*note to remaining mafia member: killing the jester would be dumb because it would leave you with 2:1
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
mothrax
Buccaneer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby Gojoe » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:54 pm

mothrax wrote:I'm going to go with my gut:
Unvote, Vote: Gojoe
*note to remaining mafia member: killing the jester would be dumb because it would leave you with 2:1
Yes but. 1:1:1 is a tie.
trillicat wrote:There once was a mod named Gojoe
Whose persona was filled with mojo
His country did quake
And his walls did shake
But ever online was said Gojoe
User avatar
Gojoe
Ship's Crow
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: MafiaQuest ~ Day 4

Postby mothrax » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:00 pm

there is still a lynch threshold at 1:1:1, and still a possibility for scum not to lose. however, if they go in @ 2:1 it is gg town.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
mothrax
Buccaneer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Louisville, Ky

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron